PROGRAM DURATION: 1 day
METHOD: Interactive lectures, fishbowl discussion, case study work
ACADEMIC DIRECTOR: Prof. Michael Henke, PhD
CERTIFICATE: CALA Education Program Certificate (BVL School of Logistics)
- Global market and regional shifts
- Collaboration in global supply chain
- Risks and opportunities
- Adaptive and agile global supply chain
- Supplier development and partnership
Digitisation of the industry and the new trends in mobility are changing the logistics, especially in the automotive sector. E-Mobility is affecting the supply network because fewer parts are needed in electric cars. New technologies as 3D printing significantly reduces the handling of prefabricated parts. As a result, the collaboration between logistic service providers and automotive companies within the supply chain is changing and gaining in importance for the business.
The LAB addresses the challenges and realisations of supply chain management in a digitised manufacturing network. Managers get introduced to the fundamentals of supply chain development in a digital global environment, based on latest models and practical hints. Participants from logistics and industry work together on solutions for future challenges, based on the following hypothesis:
- Customer demands are changing the world, based on trends like E-mobility and new vehicle concepts.
- New technology as 3D printing, blockchain or artificial intelligence changes dramatically change the production process and reduce the physical handling of goods and part.
- Data management and secure data handling become key competencies for companies along the supply chain, based on smart contracting.
- Collaboration and partnership with customers and suppliers in global supply networks will be the key driver for competitiveness.
- Supply networks need a neutral manager who acts agile and ensures the trustworthiness between the partners.
Participants learn strategies and best practices for the consistent management of supply chain and logistics issues at both strategic and tactical levels. They will work on future solutions and be able to identify opportunities to boost their profits on firm´s by improving operational performance in their supply chain.
LEARNING OUTCOMES AND BENEFITS FOR YOUR COMPANY
Participants will leave the LAB with powerful insights into logistic issues in a digital industry and a new awareness of additional ways to drive business results via strategic supply chain choices. The will be familiar with future trends on supply chain management and develop ideas on how to master the challenges of digital transformation. The results impact their daily work in order to make more profitable decisions for their companies.
OEMs, tier 1 and tier 2 suppliers, logistic service providers
- Group/team leaders/managers
- Department heads
- Divisional heads
- Mid and senior level managers
- Regional/area managers
- Entrepreneurs and executives in supply chain management
- Customer service
- Supply chain management
- Network planner